Friday, September 17, 2010

pg-13 and my mom's transportation of choice :)

I apologize if a bit of crude humor offends anyone but these vintage ash trays cracked me up so I thought I would share. They would make a great gag gift or white elephant gift at a Christmas party.










It is hard to believe that such humor would be used fifty years ago.




Completely appropriate for the season, my mother flew in on this broom yesterday. Only joking, let's see how long it takes her to comment. It is a darling little broom though. Can you imagine having to sweep your floors with this bad boy?



Adorable new black shelves. They would be perfect atop just about any piece of furniture to add height or storage.







I could not get a good angle to photograph these black shelves but you can still see how lovely they are. They are the perfect size, fairly narrow and tall so they could fit in almost any space. It may be hard to see but the drawer near the bottom has a glass knob on it. It adds just the right amount of glitz.










I know they won't be here much longer so enjoy while you can.







I LOOOOOOVE how this little bench turned out. I wish we had a before picture but it sure turned out beautifully.











Pictured here is a gorgeous brass twin bed. The headboard is about five feet tall and the footboard is curved in on each end. Very snazzy. Snazzy def: stylish and attractive. Good to know!









I might be the only one but I love hanging wreaths on doors, shutters and windows. Such a nice combination.













sorry I am a newbie...I posted this picture twice! I hope you love it!













This is an adorable framed picture by Kate Sexson Photography. She does a wonderful job photographing flowers, fruits and vegetables and apparently gourds!













Not a very good picture but I love this Pottery Barn throw. It is so soft and very pretty. Can't you just imagine yourself cuddled up napping with this thing while football is on in the background (Ok if you can't tell, that is why I love football season)















Another beauty from Kate Sexson Photography. I love this shot!

















More cute photography
















For some reason I am having writer's block when I see this picture so feel free to jump in and describe it for yourself!

















Cute little vanity with a tri-fold mirror. Underneath is a crusty old box with lid. I am not sure why I love it but I do!




















Recognize this??? It used to be stained dark but it was given a new look by added embellishments and a fresh coat of cottage white paint and then lightly distressed.





















This is an old senior portrait from I don't know when. All I know is how darling it is all folded up.




















And opened





















I brought in this tree the other day thinking it would be the perfect addition to a halloween display but oh no, the furniture fairy had another vision for it. It looks pretty spiffy as a jewelry display.























Love this black and white art

























This is a signed silhouette from 1923. It is a charming little piece.
























Oh my favorite! I love these possum belly tables. In case anyone doesn't know they were made for dough making. Flour was stored in the cubbies beneath and they were the perfect height for kneading dough. Anyone who has ever tried to knead bread on a high counter knows what I am talking about.


Ok I guess I am done rambling for now. Next week we have some super cute new shabby stuff coming so I will post pics of that. Also, I am rearranging the downstairs. Currently it s a wreck! I will be sure to show those results as well.
Did I mention that this is the only day I have worn heels to work and so far I have helped move a hutch (cram a hutch) into a tiny little Saab, loaded a vanity and moved countless other furnishings around the store? Well there I mentioned it and might I say my feet are not loving me right now! Enjoy your rainy weekend! Go Beavs.


























1 comment:

  1. The store looks great! I love all the fall touches :-)

    ReplyDelete